Monday, June 13, 2016

Young in the ATL (Atlanta!): Exploring the Life of the Southern City (INTRODUCTION)



Reviews, Musings, & Observations regarding venues, hotels, restaurants, tourism, events, etc. in Atlanta, Georgia!


Hello!


My name is Candace Young. I've been a resident of Atlanta since 2013, having moved here from Savannah, GA. As you can imagine there is a difference between the easy slow pace of the Low Country (Savannah) and the bustling activity of Atlanta, and I love it!


I'm a Hospitality professional, currently attending Atlanta Technical College towards a Hotel/Restaurant/Tourism Management A.A.S. Degree. I currently hold Customer Service 2.0 and Event Coordinator certifications.


I am also currently volunteering my time with the Atlanta Botanical Garden, the Atlanta Business League and Centennial Olympic Park through greeting, material distribution, and aiding visitors, participants and tourists.


I've also volunteered and interned in many local Atlanta events from the Atlanta Food and Wine Festival to David Tutera's Your Wedding Experience, both for the last two years.


These community involvements really give me a feel for the people and what they are looking for in terms of art, fun and business in our city.


I also spent 20 years in the United States Air Force in the administrative and computer systems arena, which have helped me excel in organizational skills, time management and fostered my love of travel and interacting with people.


I hope you'll join me on this exploration of Atlanta!


Young in the ATL

No comments:

Post a Comment