Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Atlanta Botanical Garden (Chihuly Edition--April 30 - October 30, 2017)



Hello all!

I'm back and I'm here to write about the Atlanta Botanical Garden. In particular the Dale Chihuly in the Garden exhibit. For those who don't know, and I will admit, I didn't know until I started-full disclosure-volunteering at the garden in December 2015.




I'm not being paid nor reimbursed to talk about the Chihuly exhibit. I just think on a personal level that his custom designed, glassblowing artwork is amazing and really complements the garden as a whole.


Overall, there are 21 installations; 2 that are permanent and 19 which are new! The artwork is sprinkled throughout the garden, including the Fuqua Conservatory/Orchid center.


There's also a great Chihuly gift shop. Be warned, like much of his work it can be expensive. However, there are also T-shirts, reusable shopping bags,limited edition prints, etc. that are much easier on your (and my) wallet.

There's also, if it gets too hot, starts to rain, or if you want more information, a theatre located in the Hardin Visitor Center, that shows a Chihuly documentary on a loop.






Just an FYI. The Chihuly exhibit is normally open Wednesday - Sunday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Then reopens for Chihuly Nights on Wednesday- Sunday, 6 p.m. -10 p.m. when all the artwork is lit up. HOWEVER, you cannot use you day tickets for the night time, you have to repurchase.









Honestly, if you have to choose, I recommend at night. Breathtaking.

Atlanta Botanical Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment